View Single Post
      12-28-2016, 07:16 AM   #66
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Your car isn't "special". Its not a collector's item. Nor is mine. It may be fairly rare, but so would mine be rare. Much more I would think. In 2008 when i ordered mine, there were 3,000+ new "3" series cars on dealer lots. 2,700 328i, 300 335i. Of the 300, 42 were 335i e93. Of the 42, 2 had 6mt. When i did the kbb on it i put in 2011 328i 6mt 77k miles, msport. Popped out as $13,394. 9.75% state sales tax is nuts. Adding in other fees it comes out to mid $15ks. Depending on condition I could see your price being fair but not a bargain.

I'm not worried about resale. I know I'll probably part out at 500k miles. But I got my value out of it. But your original post was what do you think of the deal. With that ridiculous sales tax,fair. Is it going to hold value? No. Might you find someone willing to pay up a grand or two for 6mt and msprt if you keep it in great shape? Probably. But in 3 years it will be a sub 10k car. 5 years sub 8k. Its not an m3. Anything but an m3 is doomed to be a 5k car after 10 years + of this series. And it still doesn't explain why you attacked me and my car. I didn't say i bought mine as an investment. Its not. Its a tool for work. I expect to get nothing back from it monetarily. I expect to get smiles when I punch the gas, to not be embarrassed showing up to a meeting in it in Palm Beach, to be comfortable in it driving for 8 hours a day sometimes, and to get 500k out of it. Doing the math if I got a new car every 100k I'd expect to loose half a car's value each time. My car was $60k new with financing. That works out to $150k with no big power grins. I spent $80k with the grins so I think I made a pretty good deal too. Next car I do this with will probably be a 4 yr old M4. And so on. When I got the car I had money to burn. 8 years of Obama and layoffs now I don't so I'll be flipping used from now on. Do I think you're a liberal? No. Do I think you acted poorly instead of explaining the full transaction 4 pages ago? Attacking me and my car? Getting defensive? Yes.
Appreciate 0