01-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #18
ny911
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: R35/981 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefz View Post
Yeah i agree those options would be a great enjoyment while being chauffeured. But since bmw is more of a driver's car, i would prefer the pleasure of driving it myself and the only car i would allow my chauffeur to drive me around in would be the previa.

That A6 L 4.2Q is a great all in one car with a nice balance of power and comfort at a rather reasonable price. I was actually considering the A6 L 2.4 but bmw just appeal to me alot more. Tho i'm a fan of the beautiful Q7(especially in black) compared to the X5 or cayenne.

Both Audi A6 and VW passat are very popular choices for the china government. I believe the higher rankings get A6 while the lower gets passat.

Yeah not many here appreciates sports sedans like e90 M3, M5, EVO or WRX. Guess they figured a 2 door coupe = sports car. So i believe most would get a 997 or 6xx if they could afford a M5. Personally, i choose a 2 seater cayman s over a 2+2 e92 M3. But thats just me.

I find the excuse for the 335i silly too. But thats what my dealer told me when i first enquire about the e92 335i. He told me that an expat was also interested in the 335i but ended up buying a SG e90 m sport(325i locally assembled) instead since it wasn't available...yet.

My next target is a cayman s which i'll most probably place an order on during this month. Which is why i opted for the e60 instead for the driving comfort and space. Needed a 4 door car and i wanted the e90 m sport until a rather tall friend of mine sat in the rear seat looking like a frankenstein.
How much is a Cayman S in China? Would you buy a fully-equipped one or just a basic one? In HK,the basic price of a Porsche has very few standard equipment and the option list is endlessly long.

It is very true that choosing a long wheel base E60 instead of E90 as you would have a Porsche as your evening and sunday car.

I only spotted few AMG cars in Beijing and Shenzhen,but never met a LHD M car in China yet.
Appreciate 0