01-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #9
deathmetaldrums
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvin View Post
I would never trust wheel flip with wheels ever again. I once met up locally with the guy that started wheel flip and his work was so ghetto that a set of wheels I bought from him were mismatched. One pair was 20 hole and the other pie was 40 hole. They didn't even line up correctly and he said he would fix it by drilling the holes (with a drill bit). Wish I could've told you to save you the headache. They are very unprofessional. I tried to get the wheels ready in time for bimmerfest and he couldn't get the bolts on time either. He encouraged me to run the car to bimmerfest with 5 bolts on the wheels with the other ones empty. How stupid would that make me look..
Haha oh wow that's pretty terrifying. Yeah I'd go with felgenfuchs or justmatz in the future instead. I've used VRwheels and tunershop in the past for standard RS lips, in this case I actually went to a dozen different companies and when it was all said and done the only ones that would give me the sizes I needed in a Super RS pattern and didn't ask for payment in odd ways were felgenfuchs, justmatz, and wheelflip. Dave at Justmatz has awesome service, felgenfuchs seemed good too, they just didn't have the required blanks so on paper their turnaround time would've been more than twice what Wheelflip claimed.

Yes super unprofessional, thankfully they didn't fundamentally bungle these blanks and I can have a legit machinist clean up the mistake at my expense.
Appreciate 0