View Single Post
      10-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #537
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

How many of you in North America have access to air strips where you can run your cars under full boost for close to 60 seconds at a time...in Canada I know we don't, pretty sure not many do in US either...seems like in this part of Sweden where Sevak and enrita are from they do and they go there quite often...

in any case even this is just adding to the whole "assumption" phenomenon and given that there are too many "maybe"s in this thread about what really caused the failure other than he ran pump+meth at 18-20psi to red line for extended periods of time (not 11-12 seconds like at the strip) with the meth safety disabled often times...

in the end, and he even said it himself, he did enough "wrong" and highly unrecommended things with his tune that the blame here is totally with him...i don't blame the tuner or the tune at all...if I ran 20psi to redline with the procede and asked shiv for that map and I poured pump gas without a meth safety in place and my engine blew while doing multiple long-running pulls (around 60secs at a time) somewhere I don't think I or anyone else should be blaming my tune/tuner for that...ESPECIALLY if I was told about the risks and I'm sure he was...

it wasn't his tuner that was negligent, it was HIM who was negligent in not having the recommended safeties including the most important: race gas

...oh, and yeah I know I keep repeating myself as a broken record when I say this, marketing is diiiiirttttyyyy don't expect this to play out nice...they are competition and what do you do when you have competition? You try to WIN! I'm not saying shiv or anyone here has valid/invalid points...just trying to remind everyone about marketing 101: be dirty!

peace!
Appreciate 0