View Single Post
      02-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #26
Andy198712
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 325d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed330D View Post
The 2 week delay is if you go through an intermediary site.

Use the link to the official site that I posted. You'll get two emails by return, the first acknowledging your application, the second containing a PDF attachment detailing your order (facture). Print the PDF and take it with you - it contains all the sticker details etc.

I advise you to carry all relevant documentation, keep one yellow safety waistcoat inside the car (not the boot) but I wouldn't be concerned about a breathalyser or headlight masking. If stopped they will want to see your licence, V5, and certificate of insurance.

Try not to speed, the fines get quite heavy. Also, above a certain excess speed they ban you there and then, and if you're way too fast they can confiscate your car. Just saying.

Great info thank you
what about a bulb kit? apparently thats a thing you need too. a kit for a car with xneon would be stupid!

i get a plastic wallet together and stick it in the glove box.

i have my first email through (went through the proper site you listed, thank you) which is the confirm of order and has my reg and reference on it, so at least i have something if the second email is slow...

i'll probably just cruise control the speed 130km/h on the motor way in places according to google. or what ever it says, save on fuel and take in the views.

Going to book tickets on the "big red bus" friends have said thats a good cheap way to see the main sites and easy to use.
Appreciate 0