View Single Post
      09-27-2018, 04:10 AM   #1222
Coupes33
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3

I have had the xHP TCU Stage 3 tune installed in my ZF 6HP21 transmission ever since it was released for my car (Sept 2006 build) about a year ago. I hadn't kept up with progress until a week ago and found out that some new versions and custom changes were available. So today, I updated the App from version 2.0.3 to 2.1.7 and the Stage 3 tune from version 0.9 to 2.1. Also, I purchased a Customisation Licence which allows you to change various settings in the transmission such as Shiftpoints, Kickdown, Gear Display, Start from 2nd Gear, Throttle Blips and the one that interested me most the M Shiftpoint Editor. The last one allows you to alter the speed of each gear change either slower or faster while in M mode. I altered the first 3 changes to 18% faster than the default settings and they feel much faster. I need to do a datalog to see how much difference this makes. It could be what I require to get into the 10s times. Currently, I was losing approx. 0.3s per gear change so an improvement of a couple of hundredths of a second per change is all that is required. I only need 0.05s.
Appreciate 0