View Single Post
      06-30-2021, 04:41 PM   #8
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Kidd may be a step down from Carlisle in terms of basketball knowledge, but players like him and with the direction the NBA is going in terms of being more player friendly, I think he can succeed. He took his lumps as a rookie head coach, sure, but not many guys are successful with their 1st HC job and hes done well as the lakers assistant HC.

Also think the FO turmoil is being overblown. Nico has been a great talent evaluator for Nike, has tons of player contacts and players like him, and has a pretty good amount of basketball knowledge. Cuban might be a meddler, but he is willing to pay the money to improve the team.

As for Luka, there were also a lot of rumors he didnt get along with Carlisle and like his style, and wasnt a fan of Nelson either. All these moves this offseason have been made to keep him happy and I'd be surprised if he passes up on the max contract to go elsewhere, especially if they can build a better roster around him.
You are forgetting...this is Kidd's THIRD head coaching job. He coached the Nets, too. I suspect this will be his last if he doesn't get the job done. Of course players like him....most of these guys idolized him growing up. However, he hasn't shown he can coach NBA talent in today's game. The coach is the issue when teams go from winning 40 games to overnight winning 65 games like the Bucks did when they got rid of him (same with Mark Jackson in GSW). It tells you how much he held them back. Quite honestly, if he wasn't Jason Kidd...he wouldn't have gotten this opportunity, either. Cuban is hiring him because of their history.....which may backfire on him.

Also not sure where you heard Luka wasn't a fan of Nelson. It is the complete opposite. They've known each other since before Doncic was even drafted.

Also, I love Cuban.....but let's be honest, even when Dirk was in his prime they could never get an A-List free agent to sign there even when Cuban was offering max contracts. It was always the B list guys. They have Doncic and, in reality, a whole lot of nothing besides him. Hardaway isn't a guy you can count on year in and year out....and Porzingis has been a complete failure.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 1