08-24-2017, 12:13 PM   #232
StorminNorman00
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Volvo S80 V8 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendy22 View Post
I have a 2006 330i manual sport package with 116k and I would like to meet some other folks with E9Xs to compare just how worn my shifter and suspension are. I understand the UUC shifter is the best in the business with at nearly $500 with the DSSR, that just seems insane. I'm thinking of just getting the $120 ECS rebuild kit, but I'd like to check out some reference cars to see what it can be like. Maybe the UUS is worth that money? Also, I'm not sure how to judge how worn the original suspension since I don't know what a refreshed one rides and handles like. I'm thinking of getting the ECS rebuild kit with M3 bits including rear subframe bushings as well as motor and trans mounts, but again, no reference before I drop bank on something like that.

Lunch/beer/whatever on me. I live in Lafayette but commute to Indy for work. Thanks peeps!
I live in Brownsburg but my car is an Auto. I'm still on original suspension @ 72,500 miles. I hear an air releasing noise from my shocks and struts when I go over speed bumps or when driving on brick roads. Seems to still handle fine though.