IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Hey, sorry for the delayed response

Meth will yield MUCH more horsepower/tq than an intercooler will, and an intercooler will only add ~10 hp on a 65 degree day. However, during a 'daily drive' on a 90 degree day, the IATs/engine will really appreciate a FMIC...Meth would do the same, but you don't want to have the meth activate at 1psi...you'd go through it really fast. I just like the fact that my engine is ALWAYS getting cold(er) and consistent IATs and never have to worry about heatsoaking, Even though there aren't many 90 degree days in Minnesota.

You say the IC is a very important part of the system..and you're right! That said, I took the crappy, tiny, poorly designed stock IC off my car the 2nd day I had it

I did have to cut out a bit of my plastic piece for the IC to fit..but that's not a big deal. It will never be noticed.

As for the stock end tanks, I don't hate the HPF design...I just really love the AMS cast end tank design.

And I'm always up for having BMWs in my garage...so when I'm home from college I'll be willing/wanting to assist with anything!

Hey Brian, how often do you get out on the track? Is it mostly BIR you go to or is there something more convenient? I'm giving some serious thought to picking up an old M3 or maybe a 944. I need something to work on, I'm bored and need a project but am too afraid to mess with my E92

Anyway, before doing anything, I wanted to hear from someone with some track experience, like how many times you actually get out there etc. Is it even worth it to develop a semi-track car given there aren't any tracks close to the Twin Cities?
Appreciate 0