View Single Post
      10-31-2018, 04:36 PM   #17
snedanator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i le mans blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
And why does it list them all? Because there really isn't much difference between them when taking "typical" planetary temperature variations or "typical" vehicle usage requirements into consideration.

My Service and Warranty Information booklet says 5W-30 for regular maintenance. I use 5W-40 Motul 8100. Both are listed as okey dokey as long as they're LL-01 quality.
Exactly this! Why does it list them all? And yes I know I'm over thinking this as all of the above will work perfectly in the N54. But some are using this and some are using that etc. I understand that if u live in a -30 country the 0w makes sense rather than the 5w. But on the other hand 5w work's as well according to data info. I think basically if u stick to any of these all will b good. I was just asking the simple question if anyone actually changed oil from 0w to 5w ....season permitting. I've been using castrol edge sport 5w40 for nearly 4 years now and been happy but it's quite hard to find now.. But going to try 0w40 or 5w40 redline, see how it goes.
Appreciate 0