View Single Post
      10-31-2018, 05:04 PM   #20
snedanator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i le mans blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
I hear you on the season permitting factor, especially considering where you are. I was very surprised to see your cold weather and mine aren't really all that different, though your 'warm' weather is close to 15* cooler than mine. Figured Scotland would be frozen wasteland but admit I've never been to the UK, or anywhere on that side of the Atlantic for that matter.

I'm surprised you change your oil twice a year too, considering the temperate climate. If not mileage related, is it just for Piece of Mind (stealth Iron Maiden reference).
Yeah it gets to -5 if ur lucky...But probably averages about 5 degrees most of the winter. Then summer is only about 20-25. I'll change it twice a year for the sake of it and for what it costs.... not really to do with changing the 5w to 0w really...just wanted to know if people actually did. I'll try the 0w40 redline I think. Or the new liqui moly molygen seems to be getting some praise as well. Thanks for the input folks. Much appreciated..and happy driving. :-)
Appreciate 0