09-12-2007, 01:14 AM   #532
Not Ur Avg 3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
heres the thing fellas... i HAVE to go thru with this, and very soon. bcuz my car inspection is coming up in October, and i have a check-engine-light (car needs service) light on, due to the installation of my SS headers. So in order to get rid of that light, and pass inspection, i need to get software, which this company by the name of ESS or sumtn is comming out with real soon. Now since im already getting the software done, i figured y not do this 330 conversion while im at it.

So, i dont have much time to get this done if i want to, thats y im looking for a cheap and efficient way to get that 3stage intake manifold, and the ideas yall have been comming up with are great, but i need to look into them more, ive been real busy lately so sorry. is there anyway to find out if one of the those junkies have a normal one forsure, then i can go ahead and get it, instead of waiting to find out?

As far as the reflash goes, i still am a bit confused on it, and when i askd the only other member that did the conversion, he said: We'll I got all the parts I needed from RichP, so sorry I cant help you with part numbers or things like that. However you wont need any specific screws or things like that. Just re-use your existing hw.

Evotech in Germany (trough Creative) re-flashed my 325 ECU with 330i engine parameters, works fine. Both ECU's 325i and 330i share the same part #.

You do not need to have the keyfob programmed at the dealership, as long as you use the same ECU that is in you car now. But if you want to use different ECU unit than the one in your car right now, then you need to see the dealership for keyfob programming.
Anyhow, if you can solve the 330i flash issue you will be golden. It's a very straight forward swap."

and so i guess its just reflashing the same ecu i have right now with 330 engine peramiters, watever that really means, but im sure the company knows, as long as they get the process, which ill try to get in contact wit them thru my shop. i shud have some free time this week to try to settle this about the reflashing, in the meantime, ill try to look for the intake manifold, and if any of u guys know how to come up with one cheap/fast, plz PM me. once again, i hope this will work as much as u guys do, and my shop can get a dyno as soon as i get this done for all of u guys, and its money from there

-Faizan