09-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
CenCal X3M Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3M Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Hi,

My '11 335is didn't come with the combox (i bought mine few months too soon) but does have Bluetooth for phone. I've seen and used other dongles/adapters but they didn't work. This solution is actually for cars and their factory iPod integration. I have the iPod 6FL and the Y-Cable that has always worked when physically connected (using the lightning to 30pin adapter for the iPhone 5), including Pandora streaming. The Tune2air does everything that a physically connected iPhone/iPod does except over Bluetooth similarly to the vehicles with the combox. The dongle even sounds good over Bluetooth. I've seen others talk about the Blackberry media gateway and having to control the function from the phone. This device allows you to use the steering wheel controls or radio/idrive control to scroll through your iPod list or songs, and display Artist/track/song title all without taking you iPhone/iPod out of your pocket. When a phone calls comes through, the audio gets muted just like it does when it is connected to the Y-Cable. I'm going to try make a video and post it later this weekend.
Appreciate 0