Thread: Back ache!
View Single Post
      09-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
Penyfan1960
Trooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D M-Sport Le Mans Blue

Thanks 335 diesel. I quite agree, it does depend on the seats of the car. I’ve had about a doz different cars with no problems with my back, the exception being the E90 320i SE (non leather). I’ve no idea why, except for the design of the seat/cushioning. The 'as supplied' seats in the car are not right and I find it hard to believe I am the only person who has had a prob with this car.
I go regularly to the gym with various exercises using dumbbells with pull ups (18+12) & chin ups (14) etc plus a couple of half hour runs per week and therefore always considered being quite fit.
I completed yesterday a 560 mile round trip on the motorways, driving a BMW Mini Cooper, with no probs, but I did have a lumbar support cushion. I am just too scared to do without it now!
When I get the new motor I will have to suck it and see!
And by the way, the Mini Cooper falls a long way short in driving and ride comfort compared with my above old E90, which I now miss. I sold it a couple of months ago because I had an offer I could'nt refuse. I miss also the simple things like Prof Sat Nav, low road & wind noise, decent wing mirrors etc and yes, reasonable power still available at the speed limit and come back 'idrive' all is forgiven!
Cheers!
Appreciate 0