View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #41
Quick335XI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antetokounmpo View Post
0-60 was the go to performance metric in the 1920s and 30s as most cars couldn't even reach 60. The stat is outdated, cars are way too powerful and traction limited to have it be a meaningful number. Trap speed in the 1/4 is the way to really tell how fast a car is.
Completely false.

0-60 is EXTREMELY important, and a big selling metric for sports cars; it's one of the most important things to me, probably the most, actually. it's a blast and reminds me of riding a roller coaster... I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it's false and shouldn't be passed on as fact imho.

With AWD and getting the power to the ground, it's quite a rush and most of the reason I own this car and recommend them to other people every chance i get... 1/4 mile is the second most important figure to me personally... it's the "gold standard" pretty much everyone uses and compares cars with. 60-130? To me, that is "worthless." I don't go around driving around at 100+ mph. smh

On a side note... really looking forward to running my car in the spring this year... can't wait to see what it'll run! Hopefully somewhere in the mid 10's.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC_kL3RvFSGv9QmTVt6787gg
Appreciate 0