United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah5411 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCD View Post
What blue is that, looks similar to my Deep Sea Blue does in some lights?
It's Montego Blue, and...it's definitely a chameleon depending on the lighting...and what the iPhone does. It's practically a different color in every picture of the thread I started on her recent upgrades, due to the partly cloudy skies that day.

My girlfriend has a Deep Sea Blue X-1 and it DOES do similar things. Both are really cool colors.

(Sorry about the pictures disappearing. I made a change and screwed up the links. )

This one's more accurate for a partly cloudy shot than the fishing boat shot above (iPhone got a bit carried away in that one). Again, Montego is so sensitive to light and angles that it looks like the side skirts aren't color-matched to the car, but...they are. The M3 sides are at a slightly different angle and flatter in front of the rear wheel well than the stock skirts, which creates this illusion. In person, walking around it, they're a match. (The front and rear bumpers were painted at the same time as the side skirts last week.)

Looks awesome. Love that colour!