View Single Post
      10-31-2006, 11:48 PM   #8
metinson
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Updated Instructions

UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS

First allow me to congratulate "loopsandsounds" for this very well documented explanation of how to install without sat prep. I just completed the job on my 330xi in Montreal. The dealer charged 1.5 hrs to code the radio and everything is working perfectly. I would like to offer the following revisions to the instructions if your car is mfg. after 03/06 you need to order 65 12 6 987 545. Circle BMW does not ship into Canada so I used Tischer BMW in Maryland - had to call them to finalize the order but the pricing was better than Circle and shipping was very reasonable ($20 for the order). Here are a few corrections..

1) The new radio only has one antenna input so you DO NOT REQUIRE THE ANTENNA SPLITTER - just the Antenna.
2) My car required a T-30 Tork ratchet head , not a T-25 to remove the Baby-Seat anchor and the rear panel.
3) The MOST wiring instructions contained in the attached instructions (Version 2.0) were the only ones that worked in my car and I suggest you follow them. My car is equipped with bluetooth and BMW assist - everything except the radio failed until I followed the attached instructions (Steps 7-17).
4) Do not buy the installation kit as there is not enough cable from the re-routed CD-Chager cable to reach the RHS of the Sirius radio - follow the pictures above and use double sided tape to anchor the radio.

As a general comment it would have been an easier install if someone could figure a safe way to put the Sirius receiver where the CD Changer goes - this way you could avoid the cable re-routing altogether...

Anyways that's it - I'm super pleased with the result and my local dealer was more than co-operative to help finish the job -I gave him a copy of the last 3 pages of the attached so he would know exactly how to code the radio -- thanks again !!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Sat-EBADoc942.pdf (289.7 KB, 2846 views)
Appreciate 1