grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Heck, come to think of it, I know a guy running the JBD that had his car dyno'd on a dyno jet and according to that machine put down 332 whp, no baseline though. A week later he took his car to a different shop and did a dyno pull also on a dyno jet and the results were 30hp lower.

Point being different dyno's, different operators way different results, no baselines in either case, so no real way to judge gains. It is difficult to make an informed opinion on a tune based on a one-off dyno regardless of what the results say (good or bad).
I agree one car is not enough of a sample group to make any concrete decisions.

But that said you have a tuned file in mustang (what the baseline is in) and Dynojet and the second tune in Dynojet You can back into what the new files curve would look like compared to the baseline.

It would be nice if the OP would post the files when he gets home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
I respectfully disagree. To prevent a conflict of interest and to remove any doubt or speculation, a dyno at a shop that is completely independent from the tuner is the preferred method, which is why I would very much like to see a 3rd dyno on the same mustang dyno.

One would think that VS/Evolve woudl encourage if they are so confident in their tune. Heck they could even show up and supervise if they have any concerns.
Not when you're making changes to the map based on the info that dyno is feeding you. You want one that you've worked with before.
Appreciate 0