View Single Post
      01-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #124
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Totally agree - in fact, Porsche finance is in a league of its own.

My (used) 997 Turbo was also a finance bargain for such an expensive car and, as well as the SLS and M6, I also looked at a 991 this week with the view that it would actually save me a fortune! I had a test drive booked in a new C2S on Thursday but finally plumped for the offer in the SLS before I got there - the offer I had and the car itself was just too good to miss.

I know you're not a fan of the 991 but I thought it was great inside - the seats, driving position and general design of the interior had such strong showroom appeal.
Andrew, the 991 is a cracking car and the interior is second to none. Would I have one mmm yes, this is not something I would have said 6 or so months ago. The 991 is an all round sports car which looks, drives and rides like nothing else and its for that reason I would have one. I am moving away from the noisy, hard sports car which the 997 is and the 991 is not. Don't get me wrong the 991 is a very good sports car but its more of a gt and that's what I would now prefer. (must be getting old)

Personally I don't think a 991 would last in your hands as its just not special enough (not that it isn't special) You have had a M6 and again I just don't think its special enough after the xkrs..

The sls on the other hand is something very special which is why I think its the best choice, although I reckon we will be commenting on a thread like this in 6-8 months
Appreciate 0