Thread: "Safe Tune"
View Single Post
      04-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #29
WLF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: n54 e92

I think this is the way im gonna go tune + FBO . 3 months later get stage 2 and see from there if i should seek out more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric335 View Post
That depends on may factors, like daily drivability, reliability, cash, cash, cash, and how much cash you want to spend to keep it running.

I agree with Enrita for the most part. I view your options as:

1)Get a tune and FBO and experience around 380-390whp first. This might be plenty. I know just a tune + dp's makes a huge difference for me.

2) Go stage 2 with FBO (think 430-450whp), closer to 500whp with meth (if you want to go that route). Keep in mind that stage 2 turbos (Vargas/RBs) also have a MUCH better hp/torque curve than the little stock turbos. This is as big a jump as the actual peak power increase is. You should probably tighten up the suspension and get a LSD/rear lock down kit to eliminate wheel hop and put the power down better at this power level.

3) Go Vargas Stage 3 or the Vishnu kit (500-700whp), which would also mean you would need suspension, bushings, wheel hop lock down kit, LSD, tranny upgrade (torque converter upgrade? i dont know automatics very well), half-shafts, possibly a driveshaft, new SMFW, and a slew of other things

4) Buy an M3, and add a compressor if you have the $
Appreciate 0