Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
Just an update, I got my Krown done. They recommended me to do it in August because it's warmer and the oil is more viscous (which makes sense). Luckily this weekend was quite warm so it wasn't that bad to do.

Got it done at the Krown dealership at 33 Parliament St. I told them no holes to be drilled so they just sprayed the bottom. The holes are for inside the doors and they just fill the inside of the doors with oil.

Logically though, I wouldn't worry too much about this part because BMW's paint will be enough rust protection and I won't get exposed metal through rock chips in this area (and if I'm really paranoid I'll just flush this part with some water though the drainage holes using a supersoaker or something).

I was advised not to wash the underside of the car at all from now on and next year, they'll apply a foam which will wash off the oil and all the salt. Apparently Krown is supposed to be put on once a year. I'm thinking I'll wash the underside when I change back to summer tires because it's better than the oil trapping moisture which in my opinion is actually worse for corrosion.
I was really thinking of doing mine this year but I have decided to do it next year. I will see what I can do this year such as how many times I will wash the car especially the under carriage.

I called my local Krown and ask if they will still do the rust proofing without boring holes, they said they still will but they still suggest to put some holes to access certain areas.

So no need to go to a car wash to get your under carriage wash then... So next year when you go back for another rust proofing they will wash the salt with foam? Or you will go after winter?
Appreciate 0