View Single Post
      05-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
IanM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Touring

Internet broker discount vs Dealer discount

Thanks to everyone that replied to my first post, I need to check out the Nav Pro in depth to be sure. I have another question with regards to internet broker discounts and dealer discounts.

I am very close to placing an order and as such I looked up the price of my chosen car on Coast2Coast to give me a guide when negotiating. They are quoting a 13.5ish% discount. The dealer I am talking to has just sent me the following email and I quote;

'Please find attached our quotation for the supply of the car specified below. We get 8% discount from BMW as a dealer and this is the maximum we are allowed to give. Prior to January 2007 we may have been able to allow a little more and if we achieved our targets with BMW annually we would be paid a bonus. In January 2007 that has changed completely and they will only allow a maximum of 8% discount. We are always amazed at the internet pricing and do not know, with the new rules, how they manage to offer such a huge discount (approximately 13.5%).'

Is this true or is it the usual dealer spiel? If this is true, how do the internet brokers get such a good deal and are there any catches?

Thanks again

Ian
Appreciate 0