View Single Post
      06-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #1
tim_s
Private
Rep
Drives: e91 325 and e36 m3 evo

Tim_s's 325i n53 e91 lci with 330i flash and 3 stage manifold

Hi guys,
Thought I'd say hello on here and post about my e91 lci 325 sport that I bought a month or so ago. I bought it to accompany my 4dr e36 m3 evo and have been busy doing odds and sods to it since I bought it.
I actually wanted a 330 with a pano roof, but this one came up pretty cheaply with a few issues but it had a nice spec with pro cic nav, heated seats, folding mirrors etc in le mans blue with oyster leather, and in the interest of time and appreciating that there aren't loads of high spec'd ones out there I decided it was worth a go.

Stuff I've done so far.
Dent in roof taken out by dentman:
Before

After (they're all reflections, no dent at all now)

New ABS sensor and clean up/ ACF50 of underside:
Before

After

Fix bodged downpipe
Before - actually worse than it looks here:

After

Nav map update, coded the auto folding mirrors on the key

Cleaning

New performance BM gearknob and gaitor,

Also replaced a few bits of trim, some rusty bolts, front undertray, dealer plates etc.

Combox fitted:

Driver's seat redyed:

330 3 stage inlet fitted

Gave the inlet ports a good clean with first seafoam in the inlet, then carb cleaner and toothbrush

Not really got any great ones of the finished job but they look good now.

Then coded on a new tuned map that I bought, supposedly 265bhp, certainly with 9000 odd bytes different in the parameter space it appears to have quite a few differences to the original!

This made part load feel much better esp at low rpm, I'm not sure but still think there's some more performance to be found however.
So... with a lot of research, I managed to work out how I could flash an original 330i map on to the car without tripping any errors/DTCs/limp mode etc.

WinKFP flashing:

What happens when you try to flash a 330 map on to a 325

And 2FA3 and 2FA4 DTCs logged. To get it working required modifying the binary, checksum correction and reflashing.

Flashing rig

No idea how well it works as I've not yet driven it on this map, but pretty confident I should have the full 330 power now!

Lastly, got my DA polisher on it:

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by tim_s; 06-13-2017 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
Phil99z115.00