tim_s
Private
Rep
Drives: e91 325 and e36 m3 evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
Good work Tim! Two questions:

1. How much was the undertray?
2. How bad were the valves before you cleaned them? I'm thinking they were nowhere near as bad as the pics I've seen of the turbo engines? Any 'before' pics?
1. £30 or so for a chinese copy part. Harry Fairbairn wanted £105 for a gen part, then it's another £10 for the sump plug flap (it's included with the chinese one). It's a perfect fit and probably more or less indistinguishable from a factory one, so quite chuffed with myself for that.
2. Valves were pretty good before (but only got to see them after I'd done the seafoam inlet clean). I'll have a goose later for some proper before pics. There was some buildup on the backs of the valves and on the bottom of the stems, but nothing major. Carb cleaner and one of those cheap disposal electric toothbrushes worked really well. Wouldn't mind going in there again to give it another clean as it was pissing down when I did the job and so wasn't too keen to mess about for too long!

Your 325 n53 has been remapped hasn't it? What flash has it got on it and what are your experiences? Quite keen to see how the proper 330i flash I have on there now compares to the generic flash.
Appreciate 0