View Single Post
      10-08-2018, 07:23 PM   #5
w0bbles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapCoupe View Post
The rear end of these cars typically feel pretty loosey-goosey with stock suspension. Going over the crest of a road while overtaking on throttle will make the rear end wiggle quite a bit in an unsettling fashion. This gets worse/more noticeable with higher mileage or if you have a tune (extra torque).

That being said...

Unless you like to slide or do burn outs every time you get an opportunity, 3 sets of rear tires in a year is NOT normal. To help you out a bit more we are going to need some more info. How many miles are on the car? Have you had the spacers on for the past year as well? Have you hit a curb or gotten in an accident where the rear end of the car was the focus?

Your toe numbers are pretty normal, but that doesn't tell the whole story. There could be something loose or broken that only causes issues at speed, not when the car is stationary on the alignment rack.
I see. I didn’t tinker with the toe a bit yesterday and for some reason the rear end feels looser.

I do not do any sliding or burnouts. Occasional getting on it momentarily but that’s about it. Mostly commuting.

The car has 84k miles. I bought it with 63k back in April 2017. Spacers have been on since November. I don’t remember if it was before or after the alignment. I think after.

I hear mixed thoughts about this kind of toe. And you could be right about something broken. I was wondering if blown shocks could cause all of this and if I should look into a set of coilovers.
Appreciate 0