View Single Post
      08-28-2020, 01:34 AM   #6
csquared013
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic metallic 2006 330xi

Looks like this will be a drawn out issue.

I removed the windshield wiper arms and the cowling below the windshield and found there to be an obscene overuse of sealant that was causing the cowl to not be able to seat against the base of the windshield. Unfortunately I didn't find any clips that would hold it down to the windshield or any remnants of where clips may have been and broken off.

Used an xacto blade to carve off the excess sealant flush with the base of the glass and reinstalled the cowling. Oddly, the rubber flashing still isn't flat against the window anywhere except the passenger side so I may just need to put sealant between the rubber and the windshield for now. It's as if the old windshield sat higher away from the body than the new one by around a quarter of an inch.

After picking around a bit more, I found the windshield doesn't appear to be set properly. The driver's side of the window has a very thin gap between the glass and the body colored flashing along the top 6 vertical inches of the windshield as if it was set too far towards the passenger side...

For now I'm going to keep an eye on it since i need to conserve money for a slew of other small problems. I'll be digging into some schematics to see if there's just a part missing that I'm not noticing though. Luckily I just moved to Santa Fe and we don't get a whole lot of rain so I may be able to get away with the shoddy job for now if I don't have any luck with the tech that installed it.
Appreciate 0