View Single Post
      03-20-2022, 10:27 PM   #43
MAMSport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i M-Sport coupe

I know this is an old thread, but I have endured wind noise at speed from the passenger window of my E82 128i. I tried to move the door striker, but to quiet the wind noise, the door had to be inside the bodywork, not a satisfactory adjustment.

The chassis is similar to the E9x, and the adjusting mechanism is as described. On my car, the hex bolt needs a 13 mm socket to loosen it. Once accomplished, I found it difficult to turn the T15 adjuster clockwise, so I tried the other direction. A quarter turn seems to have made enough of a difference, but I'll have to take a ride at some point to confirm this.

Thank you for posting this adjustment procedure! I'll let you know if I need to make further adjustments.

Edited to note 13 mm socket, not 14 mm. Also, I readjusted the passenger side as it was still a bit noisy. Then I adjusted the driver's side a bit, too. Weird that the adjusting screw wanted to return to a position, almost like it was spring loaded. Don't loosen the locknut too much. My car seems quite a bit quieter now even when there isn't a lot of wind!
E9x M3 front & rear suspension arms; BMW Performance brakes upgraded to drilled rotors in rear; BMW performance shifter; BMW Performance Exhaust; Wave Trac LSD with modified 'nannies'; BMW Euro Intake box; BMW Aluminum Strut Tower bar; ECS front and rear sway bars; 3 stage intake with BPC software; BMW style 78, 17 x 8" wheels with Bridgestone RE 980AS 225/45-17 tires; Koni Special Active struts/shocks, E9x M3 RTABs.

Last edited by MAMSport; 03-22-2022 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: changed information and added more details
Appreciate 0