11-12-2019, 08:04 AM   #25
bimmerfan1972
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
So how did you get NCS working? In case others come across the same problem...
NCS was already working. Joe remoted in and downloaded all of the latest daten files. So, nothing really changed, but now I know the problem is not with old or corrupted daten files.

What I am referring to is, I went to ISTA-D and ran the test plan and did some other things. You can go into the diagram, where you see all of the ECU modules, select the ECU, in my case the FRM. You can drill in further and select a component, I picked the right SMC. It was showing voltage, changing between 11 and about 11.5, so I know it was reading actual voltage. I then tried the same thing for the left side and did not get a reading at all. That's why I think I may have received a bad unit or there is something else wrong, wiring, fuse, etc.

I'll see if I can get the exact sequence of what I did in some screenshots later tonight if that is helpful.