View Single Post
      03-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #16
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn View Post
As Joey said there's errors all over the XDF. The Y axis is g/s. Also you'll notice that the boost setpoint factor in the WGDC (spool) table is scaled incorrectly (X/16384). As it's currently scaled it would almost never be used. The correct conversion appears to be X/8192 (same as the compressor characteristic table). When using the commanded WGDC system you'll notice "boost setpoint commanded" logging parameter is not scaled to match the boost setpoint factor in the commanded wgdc table. The logged parameter needs to be multiplied by 2 to match the command wgdc table.

Logging parameter WGDC Base % is actually the cell value from the compressor characteristic table but it looks like the MAF g/s used is actually the MAF req. WGDC g/s logging parameter HOWEVER it appears the logged parameter WGDC Base % is scaled like Cobb. If you change the compressor table to multiply the cell value by 1.5626 you'll then be able to line up MAF req. WGDC g/s & Boost setpoint get the correct WGDC Base "%" from the compressor table.
Thank you so much for all the info! That little stuff would have taken me a while to figure out.

I'm going to ask MHD if I can make fixes to the XDF and commit/merge them back to his GitHub. There is no real excuse for errors in the XDF certainly if we know the fixes for them.
Appreciate 1
bbnks21208.00