Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i, 05 325Ci (RIP)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco View Post
I agree, the thing I would be most concerned of is having the DME(Engine ECU) and EGS(transmission ECU) updated with the new VIN once the swap is complete. Other than that it's just updating the VO (vehicle order) and coding the modules so that the vehicle "knows" its using a manual instead of a automatic.

But having said that, alpine135i says he did the swap without changing the ECUs so it may be a lot more simpler. Maybe the car just needs to be coded with the amnual transmission option in the VO.
The DME will probably not need much of anything done to it. They're two separate control units. The biggest thing that needs to be achieved is to have the immobilization system aligned and the transmission control unit programmed to your vin. If an Autologic isn't capable of doing that, (I'd be shocked if it wasn't) a dealership can get that done.
Active Autowerke Stage II | MMW CSv2 Exhaust | MMW Catless Headers | BC Racing BR Extreme Low Coilovers | custom adjustable rear suspension links | 19" Hyperblack CSL's | M3 style front | trim wrapped in brushed steel vinyl | Slightly smoked tail lights with clear reverse lights | factory xenons

Appreciate 0