Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinscher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deziac View Post
Anyone have experience with Extreme Parts? If so, how's the quality and fitment?

As far as I have heard, if you're buying an after market bumper, there is are fitment issues and work needs to be done.

All PBC (plastic) bumpers require labor to prep them for paint as the material dries like a sponge and has pitting all over.

Quality isn't the word I would use for these products, but I believe that's par for course for dumpers.
Are you speaking from experience from these sources in particular.

I agree many aftermarket body parts have fitment issues, especially those made in duraflex and fibreglass.

That being said, most people buying parts from extremeparts say things like 95+% fitment, meaning no modification necessary, just that there might be the slightest gap in one minor spot (based on results I've seen first hand).

Any additional work required to prep the bumper for paint hasn't been explicitly mentioned for these parts, so even if it's required, it's easy enough that it's just included in the standard price to paint the bumper.

In general these comments may be a good thing to keep an eye out for, but most people that purchased from extremeparts at least (unsure of racingbees) haven't had these issues.