View Single Post
      05-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
Bangarang_Rufio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi e92 Blk on Blk

I have an automatic N52 in my 07 328xi. Sometimes when I'm driving and lightly press the gas peddle the front of the car starts to vibrate, shake, shutter for a few seconds and then stops once I give it more gas. It almost feels like when I used to drive stick and was trying to accelerate in too high of a gear. It's been about 10 years since I drove stick so I could be making this up in my head haha. Everytime I look at the rpm's when this happens they are between 1500-2000.

I've had the car for about 2 months now and it's got 75k on it. This issue has been occurring pretty much since I got the car but didn't notice it until I drove off the lot (of course). I brought it from a private dealer which included a 3mo/3k powertrain warrenty but they're about an hour away so I am trying to figure this out on my own first. Especially because those types of warrenties are junk and won't cover anything unless you need your entire engine or transmission replaced.

The car idles fine and I never experiance the above issue from a cold start. It only happen after driving for at least 15-20 minutes and when the oil is at a normal temp. I've waited this long and have looked at endless posts on here of people talking about similar vibrations and shaking at lower rpm's but that seems to be only commonality as everyone else mentions additional symptoms that I am not experiencing. The car runs perfect otherwise and no check engine or SES lights. Not sure about codes because I don't have a scanner yet but figured I'd have a light on if I had a serious code. Not really sure how that all works to be honest.

Here is a list of everything I have done to the car since I got it.

1. Checked intake filter and connections. Found that it contained an oem filter and was basically brand new. Did not replace.

2. Checked cabin air filter since this service light was on to replace it. It was dirty so I replaced it with an oem filter from bav auto. (Figured this has nothing to do with the issue but just mentioning it anyway)

3. Checked tire pressure. Was set to 38psi on all 4. Reduced all 4 to 34psi. (Brand new kumo all season non run flares by the way). Rims are oem 17".

4. Pulled apart intake box again and cleaned MAF sensor with CRC MAF cleaner. Also did a charcoal delete while I was at it.

5. Installed BMS powerbox yesterday for performance reasons only.

If anyone has any input on what the problem is and how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated! Especially if you have experianced this exact problem without any additional symptoms as described in other similar posts.

Appreciate 0