View Single Post
      08-06-2015, 11:05 PM   #16
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

I don't think anyone has been successful so no one knows for sure what you're going to need, but I would guess you would need at least the keys from the salvaged car, the DME, CAS, CA module, CA sensors and antennae, door handles.

One problem is the DME probably won't match your engine since you have a 335is, unless the salvaged car is also a 335is. Another issue is if this is even legal or not because with the CAS and DME changed, you're effectively changing your car's VIN as seen with diagnostic tools. But lets say the salvaged car is from a 335is and you're ignoring the possible legal issues, the VIN and mileage in your KOMBI (gauge cluster) won't match with the salvaged CAS and it will look like you tampered with it.

Also, you better hope the keys are in fact CA keys and are already enabled in the CAS for CA functions, otherwise I don't know how you're going to convince a dealer to enable that for you. On the same note, good luck getting key replacements in the future if they break or you lose them.
Appreciate 0