11-19-2020, 03:51 AM   #131
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 sedan, BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesy_cube View Post
2011 e92 335i xDrive here, and I've been experiencing the exactly same issue as all of you.

- A/C off, on stop or slow driving, turning wheel more than 90 degrees will cause engine surge.
- A/C on, on every stop from driving, the rpm would increase a bit and come down when the car is about to stop, causing a surge.

So yeah, I see the point is that the DME is trying to compensate the load caused by the steering or AC compressor.

Just wanna know, is everyone having this issue has active steering? I do have the active steering option and it seems to be affecting only those with this option.

I don't have active steering but i have this problem, it is not as pronounced as others have mentioned, but at idle when i turn the steering i can feel the strain on the engine and rpm goes down a bit (fluctuates). I replaced my steering pump at 70k with a new one (as it was leaking severely), but that did not cure the surge problem completely (but the situation improved a lot as compared to failing steering pump). Clearing the engine adaptation post my Coil and Spark plug replacement helped reduce the surge a bit, but its not completely cured.
I even increased the idle rpm from 700 to 750, but no change at all (Not sure why but in my case, the Idle RPM goes down a bit when i turn the steering extreme right or left)
I personally checked 3-4 e90's for this and found most of them have the same problem!