11-15-2023, 03:00 PM   #2384
Benjamino4946
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 6spd

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by diedvdijk View Post
He guys,

Thanks you all for your way of thinking about my problem. I was not able to trigger the MIL again with the file with changed settings regarding to the cluster. I think it's indeed the problem with driving and driving since for now, the files I used yesterday only gives me a fault once during driving.

I didn't try the EU file. I tried the stock version and the first 3.0si US file. that last file gives me the error more than 5 times. The adjusted file from yesterday only give me once during driving. for now it looks like it fixed. But I don't know how end why.

What will I noticed with the more aggressive EU map. hoger torque at lower rpms? better fuel consumption? I know that EU cars are less emission cars that US variants.

I still want to try the files if that helps. The file I am running now looks fine.

How come this error is disappeared now? Anyone have an explanation?
I am having the exact same errors as you, but I have used the 7623588 3.0i to 3.0si file on Bimmerlabs. I get the same errors, but everything seems perfectly fine otherwise. Would you be able to share the file used that fixed your kombi and fuel level codes? I also have an early 2006 model so it looks like the hunch about earlier models being affected is correct. It looks like Bimmerlabs is down and has been for a while or I'd try other files myself.
Appreciate 0