Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Busted! The reality is that this new (old) Z is nothing more than a 370Z with a new sheet metal, interior design, and engine as Motor Trend points out in these photos proving it's a 370Z;

https://www.motortrend.com/features-...arison-visual/

The 370Z was an ancient car already so this one will be quicker but there's only so much you can do with revalved shocks and springs on an ancient chassis as this car should drive basically the same as a tweaked 370Z. I don't know how they could justify charging $40k for a reskinned 370Z even with a new engine. It's the same damn car lol. How embarrassing for Nissan.
That's not really a suprise either, the underneath parts and skeleton will be majorly from the existing Nissan part bins. With Nissan's current financial woes, I am suprise they even bother continuing the Z legacy.

370Z already has a fairly vague and poor hydralic steering setup, it suffers from ice mode after sustained braking (wheel well has ZERO venting), it suffers from fuel starvation on right handers (this is already from the 350Z, since YEARS ago from its saddle shaped fuel tank, with ONE fuel pick up, on one side of the car), unreliable clutch slave/master setup, at least hope the VR30 does not suffer the same oil temp issues as the VQ37

And I saw EVERY single one of these issues on mine, within 1 year of ownership, so I already question this new 400Z's reliability going forward... at least the VR30 should be good

Perhaps the shrinking sports car market may help its sales if they keep the ticket price down.

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 2
W///7435.50
heavyD^23684.00