View Single Post
      03-12-2007, 12:58 AM   #73
CASHBY
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335 "done up"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Yeah drag strip times don't really show much, especially when people use DR's or slicks.
It allows for fast ET's which looks impressive and gives "bragging rights" but means nothing when you meet someone else on the street or highway and they walk away from you, even though their car did not have as good an ET at the track because they didn't have DR's or slicks on.

But you are correct, the fun begins when the wheel begins to turn.
Seriously, you have to get over this Drag Radials vs Street tires shit.... like i said walked u has the best 60ft times with the 335 and he was on street tires.

you had faster times at the track on your street tires than I did but on the highway I had no problem walking 1-2 cars on you EVERY SINGLE TIME...(except when my car went limp mode)

I havnt really seen Drag Radials be benificial on a 335 yet....specialy with guys on street tires hitting 1.7-2.0 60fts with no problem...and with drag radials on a non LSD 335...your not going to see lower 60ft times than what guys on street tires have already ran.... maybe it is just time we learn how to drive our car better on street tires and not spin them downt he track....it is posible
Appreciate 0