View Single Post
      07-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
Cabdriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechmate View Post
I recently purchased a DP fix and am having trouble getting the desired results. I have adjusted the setting all the way to 2oclock and everytime I turn the car on the CEL pops up and the codes are:

2EF5 Map thermostat, Input signal (this only appeared after installing the DP fix, piggybacked on the JB4)

29F4 Catless Downpipes Detected
29F5 Catless Downpipes Detected

After adjusting the setting I drive a lengthy amount without the CEL popping up. The only time it comes back on is when I turn the car off and on, which then requires me to clear the codes and thus all the drive cycles are reset (defeats the purpose)

I'll adjust it all the way to the max setting (1 oclock) and see if it makes a difference, but I have a hunch it wont. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
Assuming the install is correct, I think 2pm is too strong, start at 5, making sure to clear all codes and run lambda adaption each time you change the setting.
I recently did this starting at 5 then 4, jumping back to 6 and eventually to 7 before I got the desired results. Have some patience and keep moving the dial until you get the desired results. The BMS install literature advises on situations that arise the would cause you to turn the dial clockwise or counter clockwise.

Searching through forum posts, I see a lot of guys giving up too early or trying to fix sensors for erratic DME codes driven by the fix. Read the notes after the instructions and adjust accordingly. Took me about 4 nights to get all cleared up, which it did for a few hours before I got some codes. Long enough to get what I needed though, so maybe 8pm would have been even better...

BMS Instructions
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...dH69udYRCRIht6

Readiness Drive Cycle
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...ight=Emissions

Personally I think if you fudges the install, either the car would not start or you might experience drivability issues. If it's running fine, it should be ok. Check your work again if you think otherwise.

Last edited by Cabdriver; 07-16-2018 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0