View Single Post
      07-22-2018, 11:30 PM   #43
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
All true, but the mesh systems can fix all that. You may need more than the standard 3 part system, but mesh is the way to go, IMO.
Mesh systems are not a panacea either. WiFi is the equivalent of using a hub on an Ethernet network. Only one device can talk on the wire at a time. If more than one talks, a collision occurs which is very bad. Unless these manufacturers are doing something special, the wireless backhaul/mesh is subject to the same limitations.

The best thing to do is to pull cabling to points (or close to it) where an AP should be placed. And then use wireless equipment which function as a unified wireless network that are cabled. The second best thing would be a wireless mesh system. The third best is to use independent APs all set on the same SSID but each AP configured to use a non overlapping channel. And dead last would be using repeaters/range extenders.
Appreciate 1