10-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #190
slonik
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, e82v8 (s65 swapped)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
Just a little confused, how would running without a helper allow you to fit more wheel? Upon compression, the spring will take up the same space as the helper spring and cause rub regardless. Correct?

Also, I just see no possible way to squeeze a 275 up front without modification to the fender. I can take photos for you but we have a 275 up front right now and it's hugged as tight as you can comfortably go to the strut and unless you have the suspension setup like a 4x4... you'll get fender rub.

But I digress. The point of my post above is to highlight that there are issues with firewall clearance. Perhaps you can squeeze a 265 with enough caster without needing to modify the firewall seam weld. But the point remains that modification is required at some point with a 265 or wider front tire.
we have 1m front arms, kw competition 2way with 3 degrees camber, and et22 9.5 apex ec7 wheels, with 5mm spacer .
no problems on top and rear of the liner, only a little on the front, when some time gone and liner goes back to it's factory form (we are rolled it for more space with heat gun).
Appreciate 0