View Single Post
      06-27-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
mct128i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i, 2019 X3, 2022 230i

I made several attempts to load one of the stock tunes (I don't remember which one but I was told any of the 4 you list will work) and got error messages each time. I don't recall the actual text of the message but remember it included the word "fatal" which obviously isn't a good sign. At that point the car would not start so not being adept at programming or using INPA/WinKFP and having run out of time to get the smog test I engaged Top Gear Solutions who loaded the stock tune at the first attempt. I tried to follow the process the guy used but he worked fast and I simply don't remember all the steps - I think I was more concerned about getting the car to run at that point. Sorry I can't be of more help, I feel your pain and would really like to be able to get comfortable with the process myself so I'll follow along here and hopefully learn enough to try again. I'm still running the stock software which doesn't optimize the 3SIM...

On reflection I might have simply submitted the car for smog with the modified software just to see if the smog test really detects this - you might want to consider this too if you have plenty of time. In the event that you get a fail I'm not sure what the consequences are though - do you just load the stock software and then go for a retest (and pass) or do you have to jump through some hoops to explain the test fail?
Appreciate 0