United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina G21 D3S

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
How do you find they compare? Have you done much modification to your 335?

We still see so many M3 vs 335i threads every day. Alot from newbies who just bought a 335.

Still have alot of 335D vs 335i discussions as well. I'd say a 335D just doesn't compare but DXB wouldn't agree I'm sure

But I've gone port meth injection, hybrid turbos, jb4, flash tune, stage 3 fuel pump for ethanol fuels etc. Doesn't seem that too many diesel owners do any more than just a remap. Meth has a fantastic performance increase on diesels.
Both the M3 and the 335i were/are standard. Both manuals. I don't intend to modify the 335i at all. It's still covered by BMW warranty, so I'll keep it standard.

Anyway, performance wise, not a huge amount in it until you're into 3 figures. The M3 is naturally better to drive and handling is on another level to the normal 3 series. I'd take the M3 every day of the week over the 335i. However, for what I need it for, the 335i is absolutely fine and it's doing a cracking job of being a daily driver.

I'll be taking it on a similar European road trip as the one I did last year in the M3. Will be interesting to see how they compare. Although sat on an Autoroute with the cruise control on is hardly testing the car!
Appreciate 0