View Single Post
      09-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #143
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
People, realize what you're saying. You're trying to say that, "Oh, the AFE would perform better with proper airflow".... But are you saying the Stock airbox with the 'ram air' effect wouldn't also perform better? Because the AFE is not using the ram air as a contained, sealed system, then it loses efficiency when you compare that to the stock airbox... With high speed airflow or not, the stock airbox will perform better with no airflow(obviously as seen on dynos and common sense tells us hot air is bad) as well as in motion, because the same airflow you are counting on helping the AFE perform better is also more efficiently adding performance to the stock airbox. DCI's Suck. Quit adding them to your car just because you call it a mod and its cheap. Go with the stock airbox with a drop in, or go the Mr. 5 route or go like me and sniz and get a CAI. These vendors are just selling you this sh*t. $400 for two cones? Puhleease.
I agree, the stock air filter, matched with atleast a K &N should perform very well, especially using Mr. 5's addition.

The question is... with the addition of methanol, does it really matter?

Meaning, does the DCI move more air though, I think the answer is yes, in which Methanol as we know will cancel out the heat soak, and the DCI I believe should bring in more air then a stock intake is capable of, so it would yield beneficial in that regards?

Thats my logic right now.....

If a stock intake with a K&N can flow better then 2 DCI, im all ears.
Appreciate 0