View Single Post
      01-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #43
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@Karbonwerke View Post
As having an Ikon, i didn't really like how the tips started to discolor. One was starting to turn gold and the other stayed. It's happened to several people already. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it!

If you like loud and alarm setting off exhaust, then just do a muffler delete. Quite a few people here have them but not my personal choice.

I currently have the eisenman and added the SR piping. Sounds decent and not too loud. I'm out of the stage of big loud exhausts...kinda obnoxious after awhile plus the drone in the car is a negative in my book.

The other choice i'd recommend is the bmw performance exhaust. Sounds very nice and it's from bmw, so you know it's going to fit nicely.

Good luck either way.
imho...

yea, ikon is not bad, especially considering the price. sounds great, but as andrew said, the tips will probably turn kinda goldish. also, it's not the best looking exhaust.

eisenmann looks and sounds great, but kinda pricey for what it is.

remus is kinda more oem looking. probably the quietest compared to the rest. then again i haven't heard it too much.

bmw performance exhaust sounds great from the videos. nice looking too. pricey, but it is a full catback system.

muffler delete sounds fairly good, but it can get pretty obnoxious and it can drone. but it's pretty cheap to do and you can customize it with your own tip choice, etc.