View Single Post
      05-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #31
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Just want to say thanks to everyone for contributing to this topic and others regarding 3IM /DISA swap and PCV replacement. It's definitely not for the faint of heart or first time DIYers like myself. It just takes some simple tools, lots of patience and memory. I'm not sure how people managed to get the inside DISA out without taking the IM off, but congrats to them!

I decided to tackle it this long weekend and am already on the re-assembly phase. Only broke the one rear valve cover /pcv hose (on purpose). The rear IM mounted hose heater electricals and oil pan return hose were a nightmare but I got them all disconnected eventually.

I found disconnecting the fuel line from the rail helped a bit with clearance, also disconnecting the strut mount. I'm about 5'11" and was able to crawl inside the engine bay to release some of those hoses and plugs at the back, stepping on the frame where the airbox sits and on the valve cover. Hopefully not causing more damage lol.

I still can't figure out how to remove the oil pan hose from the oil pan end, it connects way too far down, below the steering rods. I'm not sure if my adaptive steering has anything to do with clearance issues but I can't seem to even fit one of those little plastic fuel line tools between the coupling. Fingers crossed it isn't cracked, I'll be re-using it I guess.

Thanks again to all.
Appreciate 0