Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothi2 View Post
Here comes another one... I absolutely love wagons, and my dream has always been to build a high horsepower sleeper (maybe not so sleeper) wagon. After spending months researching on possible platforms/makes/models for my project, I came across Greg555's thread with his build and I became really interested in the idea. Fast forward a year or two, and here I am with one 2012 328i Touring, and one 2009 335i. LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Mechanically, the swap should be entirely straightforward for me. Both vehicles are LCI, and I've worked with cars plenty in the past. My cousin and I pulled his Miata engine multiple times (due to him breaking something out of sheer stupidity usually, but man do we have some great memories together), and recently we had to replace his n54 on his e92 due to a piston going AWOL : . I'm no stranger to redoing the entire front end of a car, and since both cars are RWD, everything should bolt right up from the sedan to the wagon. Unfortunately, both cars are autotragic as it's really difficult to find a perfect donor, but I do have plans to eventually convert it to a manual.

In terms of what will be swapped over to the wagon:
-Complete engine, transmission, driveline, differential, axles, hubs, brakes, subframes, essentially everything that could be considered an upgrade.
-iDrive dash from the e90 335, I don't have iDrive in the wagon and know I'm going to heavily regret not swapping it in, especially if it's right there.

I've started to research all the coding that I will need to do once the car is finished, and I believe I'll be able to do most of it myself. My cousin has also messed around with coding a few things in his e92 and has been successful, so I've got him to help me out as well.

Pics of both cars are below, I'll do my best to keep this thread as updated as possible on the progress of the build. The goal is to have it done by the end of the summer, hopefully sooner! I've got a lot of guys who are willing to help me out, so as long as I don't run into any major setbacks it should be done relatively quickly.

BTW, if anyone wants parts off of the 335i, PM me. I need the money for bolt-ons hahaha
Subbed. If you do iDrive let me know and I can give you the bat shit crazy project discount. Your wagon would be a perfect NBT Next retrofit car. I went from non idrive to NBT Evo ID6 in my own car. Any other coding work and I can remote in free of charge.

I ran the vins and both cars need some help in the options department, no combox, Comfort Access, alarm, logic 7, heated steering wheel, auto high beams, etc.

Last edited by Nickco43; 05-23-2019 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 0