04-24-2018, 07:39 AM   #3
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftfederman View Post
What is the difference between Michelin Pilot Super Sport and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S? Is the 4S just a successor model superseding the SS?
Oh and while I am at it for you MPSS or MPS4S experts: Safe to drive down to 45 degrees F or 40 degrees F? I want to put summer tires on but in Indiana spring or fall there may be a significant time when it could dip to 45 but 40 is unlikely ...
Thank you
I have gone through about 4 sets of Super Sports on a couple of my cars and just installed a set of PS4S' on Saturday. I almost went with the Super Sports again just to save a few bucks, but I figured for only $150 or so extra for the set I would give the 4s' a try.

I've logged about 300 miles on them so far and I am extremely impressed. Dry traction is slightly better, but road feel and stability is where it is most noticeable, these are incredibly confidence inspiring tires. They also seem much quieter than the super sports as well. Wet traction is the biggest improvement, and it seems like they almost defy physics they way they lock up in the rain. Apparently they are supposed to last a few more thousand miles too, but only time will tell on that one.

All in all, I highly suggest them.

Also, you'll be fine in colder weather as long as you keep in mind that you loose a lot of grip below 45 degrees. Just never drive with them in any icy conditions.
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 1