04-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #222
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTO335i View Post
I have the most system with logic 7 and I also have a tcu. The mobridge is like the grom unit, I never thought of coding it against the SAT option, that would be better since I'd like to retain my cd player just in case if I were to ever get one of those units, I'd like to keep my stock HU.. What options do you have in your base stereo? If you have a tcu like mine I would imagine you'd have Bluetooth for calls and the SAT option available somehow with coding ( I may be wrong) You don't have idrive either correct?

I run a Bluetooth receiver into the aux and the Bluetooth receiver has buttons on it to skip tracks but the audio quality is low, if I hook my phone directly to the aux port then I get the same sound quality as radio/CD.. I'm looking for an amp to boost the signal to make the volume louder from the Bluetooth receiver but I'm on the fence about purchasing the unit (it's called sound shocker pro).

You shouldn't have any issues upgrading your speakers without changing your head unit. Your speakers are driven from the HU unless you have an amp, then the HU supplies power to the amp and the amp powers your speakers which you can still simply upgrade your speakers for better sound quality.
I currently run my Tune2Air Bovee in the same manner. It allows steering wheel control and I get the data on the radio screen. However, as you say, the limitation is first the DAC of the Tune2Air, and then the AUX input itself. I have the setup you describe with built in Bluetooth calling (only).

However, when upgrading I've been looking at ways to get a bluetooth audio receiver/DAP that communicates with the stock deck. Then out to an amp and all the standard analogue stuff.

Interesting unit, that sound shocker pro. But is it just to get the line levels up? Wouldn't you introduce noise at each level?
Appreciate 0