04-10-2023, 05:41 AM   #288
bmw_solid
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 PreLCI 330d SE Coupe B.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimplicit View Post
I just purchased the Monroe upper mount kit (PN 907984) for a 2011 335d. I couldn't figure out where to place the large black metal washer so I called tech support at Monroe. I learned that the proper sequence for parts placement starting above the metal top hat cover over the bump stop (from bottom to top) is black metal washer over the top hat; lower rubber mount, then insert the metal sleeve into the lower mount; then, of course, the upper mount from inside the trunk. Lubricate with silicone spray or lithium grease.
Thought this might be helpful.
Right, so according to the Tech support at Monroe, the black washer they supply does need to be fitted then...Interesting as many people have not fitted the washer on here...

Is your car a SE or M-Sport, although this wont make much of a difference...

Also, did they mention anything about pre-loading the mount then torqeuing the top nut? As according to the BMW instructions, the squishy foam mounts don't need a pre-load or car at normal riding height when tightening the top nut. Only the bottom nut of the shock absorber requires to be tightened at normal ride height...
Appreciate 0