View Single Post
      07-03-2019, 03:33 AM   #11
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
As you may have read on my threads, my rear subframe is bent or been pushed and bent a subframe bolt because I changed absolutely everything (hub all arms and alloy) and it improved a lot but the toe is still slightly off. But the car doesn't wonder off and having spent a lot of time at Chemix in stourbridge he did tell me about the geometry which is shown on a separate diagram but it had something to with an imaginary line or something and having the wheels pointing straight.. I didn't quite get it but the Chap at Chemix in stourbridge is bloody brilliant.. but what's strange is your is aligned and wonders off whereas mine is absolutely fine, I can only feel the alignment issue if I boot it and it slips a little.

Also, how exactly did you align the car when you've upgraded to m3 arms? From what I've read it becomes a bit of a nightmare trying to align the car with them on, and if I'm not mistaken when chemix gets everything setup they chose your car from a list which specifies the x y and z of alignment specifications but if I'm not mistaken you cant follow them, I'm pretty sure I read another thread with people using M3 arms using some other figures
Well, I think the two shops just used the standard settings for my car, so not taking into account the M3 arms. This very well could be part of the issue then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
It’s my understanding that if you fit m3 suspension parts then you need a custom/bespoke set up, not just a generic e9x with sport/lowered suspension values.
There are posts on here about it, Rajb's build thread would be a good place to look.
Good luck getting it set up correctly.
As above, I think I have just the generic E9x settings...I'll will have a look at Rajbs thread for details then.
Nice one!
Appreciate 0